Ph.D. Aligarh Muslim University
Glocal Law School
Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh
Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh
Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh
- As a Resource person under the PCP of B.A(Final) for the Public Administration Paper by the Centre for Distance Education, AMU Aligarh in session 2012-13.
- As a Resource person under the PCP of B.A (Final) for the Political Science Paper by the Centre for Distance Education, AMU Aligarh in session 2013-14.
- As a faculty in Success Point a Civil Service Coaching in Arunachal Pradesh (Itanagar)-2016-17
- Worked as an editor “Arihant Publication” Daryaganj New Delhi 2015-16
- As a faculty in Residential Coaching Academy, under Ministry of Minority, AMU Aligarh
Political Science, Indian Government and Politics, Public Administration, Public Policy, ICT, Governance,
Research Interest: Governance, Social exclusion and inclusion, Rural development Management
- Junior Research Fellow (UGC-NET) in Public Administration-2010
- Senior Research Fellow in the Department of Political Science, AMU-2013
- Migration of Rural Population and Governmental Policies, International Journal of Social Sciences and Humanities, (Vol) I, ISSN -2319-2070, New Delhi 2012
- Education: An Appraisal for Grassroot Development, Journal of Distance Education and Management Research, (Vol) I, ISSN-2278-9251, Aligarh, 2013
- Educational Attainment and Socio-Economic Condition-A Study of Indian Muslims, IJBMSS, (Vol) II, Issue 8(V), ISSN: 2249-7463, (Pune), 2014
- 4.Rural Education: An Appraisal for Marginalised section of the Society in Indian Context, Journal of Distance Education and Management Research, (Vol) II, ISSN-2278-9251, Aligarh, 2014
- Education System and Marginalized Section of the Society(ed.), ISBN- 978-93-82297-49-2, 2015
- Women’s Empowerment through Education Policies(ed.), ISBN- 978-93-82297-50-2, 2015
Article in Books:
- “Role of Education in Women’s Empowerment” Educational Development (Ed. Book) APH, Publication, New Delhi, ISBN-97881311313183, 2011
- Empowering Women Rebuilding the Nation, published in Edited Book entitled Education System and Marginalised Section of the Society, ISBN- 978-93-82297-50-2, Crossbill Publication, New Delhi, 2015;
- Empowering Marginalised Section (especially women): An Issue of Good Governance, published in Edited Book entitled Education System and Marginalised Section of the Society, ISBN- 978-93-82297-49-2, Crossbill Publication, New Delhi, 2015
Article Published in Magazine:
- Good Governance: An Islamic Perspective” Magazine of Sunni Theological Society “AD-DIN”, Department of theology, AMU, Aligarh 2011
Worked as filed Surveyor UGC Major Research Project entitled “Status of Muslims and Dalits in the Administration of U.P and Bihar” in the Department of Political Science AMU, Aligarh (2010-2011)
1. 3rd international conference on Public Policy, Sustaining The Future: Challenges in Governance, Ethics and Development, paper presented on “Good Governance and Public Policy: In the context of India” Melaka(Malaysia),2012.
2. 19th Thinkers and Writes Forum paper presented on “Rural Development: A Dream Project to achieve the target” India Habitat Centre, New Delhi, 2014.
3. International conference on education Awareness for Social Sector Issue in India-paper presented on “Role of education in women’s empowerment”, Singhania University Jhunjuhun, Rajasthan in association with BBS(LUTON) UK and TIMES Aligarh-2011.
4. International conference on Population Dynamism Sustainable Resource Development paper presented on “Migration of Rural Population and Governmental Policies”, Department of Geography (Under SAP-I-DRS-II Programme) A.M.U. Aligarh, 2012.
5. Certificate of commitment for honesty and integrity in Governance by Central Vigilance Commission of India, New Delhi, 2017
6. International seminar on Public Policies and Empowerment of Marginalized Section of the Society paper presented on “Rural Education: An Appraisal for Marginalized Section of the Society” ICCSR-Sponsored (New Delhi), CDE, AMU-2013.
7. XXXVII Indian Social Science Congress paper presented on Public Policy: A Contemporary Approach Towards Socio-Economic Development, organized by IASC and AMU, Aligarh 2013.
8. National conference, Risk Management in Baking Sector with special reference to India, paper presented on “Rural Baking: A future prospects for rural development” VSU-post graduate centre, Kavali, Andhra Pradesh, Nov. 2013.
9. National seminar on “Emerging Paradigms of Human Rights: Issue, Challenges and Prospects”, UGC sponsored, Department of Political Science A.M.U, Aligarh-2011.
10. National Seminar, FDI in Retail Sector: Issues and Concerns for India, paper presented on “FDI in Retail Sector: Issues and challenges in with special reference to India” VSU-post graduate centre, Kavali, Andhra Pradesh, March 2013.
11. National seminar on “Understanding The Contemporary India and The World”, centre for Nehru studies, Department of Political Science A.M.U, Aligarh-2012.
12. Workshop on “Research Methodology and Computer Applications”, UGC Academic Staff College A.M.U, Aligarh-2012.
13. Workshop on “Development and Sustainability- “Environsense”-Z.H. College of Engineering and Technology, AMU, Aligarh-2010.
14. Workshop on Educational Resource Planning (ERP) Through ICT (NMEICT), MHRD. Govt. of India, Department of Computer Science, AMU, Aligarh-2012.
15. Workshop on “Human Rights and Duties: Issues, Problems and Prospects”, UGC-sponsored, Department of political science AMU, Aligarh-2013.
16. Orientation Course on “Jawahar Lal Nehru” Centre for Nehru Studies, Department of Political Science AMU, Aligarh-2011,2012.
17. Panel discussion “Youth, Media and Election” organized by Centre for Distance Education (CDE) in association with Friedrich Ebert Stiftung (FES) Germany and Media for Change (New Delhi)-2013.
18. Workshop on “Research Methodology”- CDE, AMU, Aligarh-2013.
19. Short Term Course on “Stress Management and Mental Health”-UGC Academic Staff College, AMU, Aligarh-2011.
20. Workshop on “Assessment and evaluation of self-learning material (SLM) in open distance learning”, DEC-sponsored New Delhi, CDE, AMU, Aligarh-2012.
21. Workshop “key issue and concerns in ODL and Online learning”, DEC-sponsored New Delhi, CDE, AMU, Aligarh-2013.
22. National workshop “Assessment and Evaluation of Self-Learning Material (SLM) in Open and Distance Learning” DEC-sponsored New Delhi, CDE, AMU, Aligarh-2013.
National and International Recognitions:
1. Member Editorial Board-Alig Journal of Social Sciences and Humanities Research; 2011
2. Membership: Alig Educational Society;2011
3. Membership: Tahzib-ul-Akhlaque (A scientific and religious monthly magazine started by Sir Syed Khan);2013.
4. Lifetime membership: Sir Syed Minority Foundation of India-An Aligarh Based Voluntary organization; 2012.
5. Member: Amnesty International, India Chapter, since 2009.
6. Membership: British Academy of Management (BAM) London; 2014.
7. Review Committee Member: International Association of Humanities and
Management, Thailand; 2016.
Dr. Amir Mahmood is Assistant Professor at Glocal Law School, Glocal University, Saharanpur (UP) and broadly works in the field of governance, contemporary politics, ICT and Rural development. He is associated with various national and international academic bodies. He was awarded the UGC-JRF Fellowship (2011-2015) for his doctoral work with Aligarh Muslim University Uttar Pradesh.